NK - yankees, etc

Bethor2000 at aol.com Bethor2000 at aol.com
Fri Feb 9 09:12:10 PST 2001

big_daddy_baulsac at yahoo.com writes:

<< I was born in oklahoma and i dont understand why
 people call us yankees.  >>

Baulsac, et al,

I should have qualified my post further. No, I don't consider Okies to be
yankees.  I like Oklahoma very much, thank you, otherwise I wouldn't have
chosen to stay here.
However, you can keep the northeast, and especially the midwest.  I've
occasionally spent some time traveling in those godforsaken places like
Kansas, Nebraska, Illinois, Iowa, etc.  I don't include Minnesota, cause
anyone who eats lutefisk and has Jessie Ventura for Governor has got some
soul in them.  But most of what those aforementioned parts of the country
consider cuisine, I would have a hard time feeding to a dog.  The food is so
bland, yech.
But now Oklahoma, ah yes, good old chicken fried steak, mmm.  When it comes
to food, definitely the South, Southeast, Southwest have the rest of the
country beat hands down.
I think I'll go boil some peanuts!

Alton
proud to ride w/ the I-44 gang