NK - meaning of the barony name.

Anthony Lackey catan at webzone.net
Tue Jan 23 15:25:27 PST 2001

    Well, this doesn't answer your question, and in fact it is no
earthly use to you to know this, but old fogies (especially those of us
who have hats) have the privilege
of being both pedantic and pointless.  Going now into old-fogey mode:
    To wit, the earliest incarnation of Northkeep's name was
Nord-aus-das-Strom, for 'North of the storm'.  Apparently this was bad
German, and it was changed to
Nordlische Sturm.  This didn't work as good German either, as far as the
Heralds' College was concerned, so nominations were made for a new name
for submission.
This was sometime in the mid-to-early eighties, and Northkeep got the
most votes, so that's what we submitted.
    As to your question, my command of German is insufficient to give a
useful answer.

                                                            Catrin