NK - meaning of the barony name.

Timothy Adams toadams at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 24 08:02:51 PST 2001

>Well, this doesn't answer your question, and in fact it is no
>earthly use to you to know this, but old fogies (especially those of us who
>have hats) have the privilege of being both pedantic and pointless.
You Pointless?????   Never!!   Pedantic, well maybe..

>Going now into old-fogey mode: {snip} This was sometime in the
> >mid-to-early eighties, and Northkeep got the most votes, so that's >what
>we submitted.
ok so who else helped with this submission???  what books did you
get this from???     Alton is correct  Germany is not a county
yet so there are many dialects to work with and choose from.

>As to your question, my command of German is insufficient to give a useful
>answer.
well I took a year of German at TU and it still is no sufficient to
be usefull.

but your comments have helped, and I thank you Dear Baroness Catrin

Anyone else have a useful comment??  Sigmommie?? *G*
I think I am going to use Altons idea and find a focal point, so
I can shearch for books about that event.
I need to figure out the steps from old norse german, to the
current German used today. (Ja!!  sure)

Timothy of Northkeep.