[Northkeep] Picnic on the 21st

Anthony Lackey catan at webzone.net
Wed Jul 4 13:39:10 PDT 2001

    It is difficult at such times as Northkeep is in to raise one's head and look
about one to see the troubles experienced by other people in other places.  There
are problems elsewhere in this region concurrent in time to ours.  Some are
related, some are not.  We do not exist in a vacuum, nor can our problems be
addressed in a forum exclusive to ourselves.  The Crown's duty to address such
situations in a contiguous geographical area must of needs be grouped together as
much as possible, at least while we have Crowns who must eat, sleep, be mundanely
employed and have at least a little down time for themselves.  It is unrealistic
to expect separate trips and separate meetings for all the groups with questions,
concerns, and situations of their own.
    I would remind those of you who may have forgotten, or never knew, the Crown
is giving two of only three uncommitted weekends during their reign to us as a
region and us as a barony.  They are trying to meet with people face to face as
much as possible.  Childlike trust is not expected, but at least a minimal
willingness to leave open a possibility that they might be trying to help should
be.

Catrin