[Northkeep] principality

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner BurgBorrendohl at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 6 06:13:06 PDT 2001

To expand on what Marc/Diarmaid has said, it is too bad that those who
were opposed (or in favor for that matter) did not participate in the
poll.  Just like any election or poll, how will the people's voice be
known if they don't take part?  Do we ignore election results, just
because a large portion of the population refuses to vote in a
presidential election?  We will admitt (and now regret) that we did not
care at the time one way or another, so we stayed out of it. (Partly
because mundane issues prevented our feeling we had an informed opinion
one way or the other). However, if we had been strongly for or against
we would have definitely expressed ourselves rather than muttering or
ignoring the issue, hoping it would go away.  The time may not be right
for the principality.  If we wait for all factions to agree on
everything, it will never happen.  However, as my husband is always
saying, (a quote from guess where--hint kingdom to the north of us) "If
you want to be a Principality start acting like one."  This was a quote
from a Midrealm crown which sparked their principality movement.