[Northkeep] Heraldic Commenting

Darin K. Herndon darin-herndon at utulsa.edu
Sun Jul 8 21:25:17 PDT 2001

There is a July letter from the Herald's College upon which Northkeep
could contribute commentary.

First, an idea.  If those who would like to attend could email me, I
could get you an electronic copy in advance allowing you to put
together your thoughts before we meet.  Hopefully, this would allow
the meeting to take less time.

Second, if the meeting could take less time than usual, how about a
Sunday afternoon?  Specifically, how about Sunday, July 29.
Eventwise, this is the weekend of Queen's Champion (which is being
held in Bryn Gwlad).  If I have no comments that show this to be a
bad date by Tuesday (July 10), then I'll try to make location
arrangements and post an announcement.

Commentary is not consulting (though we frequently answer questions
for submitters).  I am still pulling together details for a
consulting session.  However, commenting is a good way to begin
learning the rules of heraldry in the SCA and analyzing someone
else's name and device can be a good way to critique your own ideas.

Drop questions to me at my home email address
(darin-herndon at utulsa.edu).  I'll be checking in the evenings.

Etienne