[Northkeep] My big mouth and careless fingers/eyes

STEVEN RUARK DHSPA5F at dhs.state.il.us
Tue Jul 10 10:05:23 PDT 2001

I owe Damon and Catrin big apologies.  Public ones because the affront was public.  I thought that letter I sent from this address to the Northkeep list was going to a private address.  What I said, and how I said it, were a bit rude, but it's a correspondence where I blow off steam a bit.  And where I can be corrected without rancor when I am wrong.  Going to a public list like this, it's far below the standards I try to live up to.  I apologize to both of you.  I hold you both in highest esteem, regardless of whether we occasionally disagree.  And in this case, since I was working from a limited synopsis of events I was unable to attend--which is no slight against Talana, I believe she did an admirable job--I was clearly operating from a position of relative ignorance.
Oh, and the word I was trying to use is 'Palatine', not 'Palantine'.  It's a system used mostly by military groups along the Pacific Rim, but it's in Corpora or the Bylaws somewhere.  So even there I was muddled.
Thank you for your even-tempered reply, Damon.  And for the clarifying information.  All things considered, it's way better than I deserved.  You do yourself honor.
Kevin

Steven R Ruark
217-524-9047