[Northkeep] Picnic on the 21st

Kevinkeary at aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Wed Jul 4 11:02:16 PDT 2001

Robert replied:

> The short version is that Duncan and Larissa
>  want this to be resolved during their reign.  They are unwilling to leave
>  this for the next Crown not knowing who that Crown will be...
>  If we are to have an investiture
>  in Northkeep during their reign, their schedule and the kingdom calender
>  dictates that it will have to be Thanksgiving weekend.

All of which explains THEIR agenda, not why it should be ours.  While I share
their mistrust of Ansteorran royalty on the average, I have no indication at
this time where they fall on that Bell curve.  None to speak of, anyway.

>  If the BoD decides to do an investigation of Thorgrim and Sigen's
>  removal it could easily take as long as a year.  The Crown is not willing
>  wait that long to start the process.

As you pointed out, they aren't the Crown for three days yet.  A minor nit,
I'll grant, considering the evidenced worthiness of the current Crown.  But,
all in all, I think what is right and necessary for NORTHKEEP should carry
more weight than what is convenient, or politically expedient, for the
current or ANY future Crown.  If that makes me reactionary, I've worn worse
titles.
If it's NORTHKEEP'S consensus that this pace suits and serves us, I'll keep
quiet--I have before where I differed from the majority.  I serve Northkeep.
(Position #5 in order of resolution of my SCA fealties, if that matters, but
that places it WAY ahead of the Crown of Ansteorra).

Kevin