[Northkeep] Re:thanks, Angus- I sure won't ask again

Anthony Lackey catan at webzone.net
Sat Jul 7 16:57:48 PDT 2001

    I feel, in light of what Anawyn says here, that I should apologize for the
tone of my posts of 7/04.  I was feeling cranky and it showed.  I hope all those
whose postings I addressed will accept the apology.
    It is difficult when circumstances such as these we are in have elements that
are very personal.  My feeling, and that of others, is that when we are
discussing personal matters that might be hurtful to some people, it is well to
refrain from saying things on lists or email that could be misunderstood or
construed as attacks.  Such things should be confined to the telephone, or best
of all, face to face if humanly possible.  I know this presents a possibility of
some being 'left out of the loop' or feeling they are not being communicated
with.  But should everything we feel and say be in print on the list, or even on
private email?  It really is not the best medium for communication, but one of
the very best mediums for being misunderstood, advertently or inadvertently!
    We *must* get a current phone list again, and use it to talk to others.  Just
my opinion.  Again, I apologize for my irritation that I showed overmuch on the
list.

Catrin