[Northkeep] Re: Ok, that's enough of that (thanks, Angus- I sure won't ask again)

Marc Carlson marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Mon Jul 9 13:33:42 PDT 2001

At 12:58 PM 7/9/01 -0700, Angus wrote:
>>I do not know how my post offended anyone and I do not
>>care. I will say one thing though. My post simple and
>>direct and I am not going to BS to make everyone
>>happy. As far as I am concerned I was lied to. I hate
>>being lied to more than almost anything. If you find
>>what I have to say offensive, remove me from this
>>list. It will sure reduce the number of emails I read
>>a day.

Gee, Angus, perhaps you should ask Anawyn if she was referring to you
as being the person who chastised her.  I'm not convinced that she was (even
though it was your name in the subject line).  Now if you are sure it was
you who was doing it, then please let me know privately, and we can discuss
this further there.

As for being lied to, I can understand not liking that -- I'm not too keen on it
myself.  If you feel that someone here lied to you, take it to -them-.  That's not
asking you to BS in your messages.  All I'm asking for is that everyone at least
make an effort to act like an adult.  Unless I'm seriously mistaken, I've seen
you act like an adult around here, so I'm pretty sure you know what the difference
is between acting like an adult, and BS (for the record (although I'm certain Angus
already knows this) you can be an aggressive jerk and still be nice and adult
about it).

I have so far only removed one person from this list since I got the keys -- and
they explicitly asked me to.  So, yes, I have the power and the authority to do
so -- but that's a threat that, if used to bludgeon a list into 'behaving', becomes
really meaningless.  After all, who cares if you are unsubscribed from a list
you aren't participating in.  Therefore, if you want me to remove you, you will
need to be more explicit about it.

I'm sorry that I can't suggest any good ways to shorten the number of emails
you get -- clearly considering the several hundred I get (on a quiet day), I have
my own problems in that area.

Marc/Diarmaid