[Northkeep] Fwd: [CALONTIR] Valor XXII

Timothy Adams toadams at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 20 11:03:26 PDT 2001

FYI from Calonnet

Greetings to all our fellow Calontiri, from Alcyoneus du Battenhelm and
Maeve Kelly de Navarre, the 6th Baronage of Vatavia:

There have been a few changes to Valor XXII which happened after
the deadline for the July Mews, but we do not wish you to wait for August to
be informed.

The Hinashi Clan has asked to sponsor a 9' Spear Tournament, and we have
granted their request.

Valor Tournament will NOT be limited to bastard swords.  When we read the
Baronial Laws signed by Their Graces William and Mammara, Baron and Baroness
Vatavia (while we were yet a principality) we learned that it was specified
that Valor was to be fought with two handed swords.  We have decided to
restore the tournament to it's original form.  Sharpen your greatswords and
nodachi's, they are welcome in the tournament.  Katanas and bastards are, of
course, welcome as always.

Valor is the longest running, and probably the largest tournament in
Calontir.  We invite you to this tournament, which we are privileged to
host, to which one of you will add their name to the list of Valor
Champions:

HRH Count Sir Dongal Eriksson, Prince of Calontir
HRH Tar Radu, Crown Prince of Meridies

Duke Sir Humpk d'Bohunk (William Vatavia)
Duke Sir Lorell of Shrewsbury (2x)
Duke Sir Charles Inman McMore (Ansteorra)
Duke Sir Conn MacNeill
Duke Sir Tomeeki Mahood Washi
Duke Sir Chrystofer Kensor
Duke Sir Thomann Shadan Secarius

Count Roderick Mandrake
Count Sir Rorik of Galbraith
Count Sir Thjothreke Eiricksson (2x)

Viscount Master Brummbar von Schwarberg

Sir Balvin Thorfinnsson (Ansteorra)

Brom Blackhand
Caoimhin McKee
Rorik Wolfsson
Alcyoneus du Battenhelm (2x)

Which one of you will be added to this list which includes so many Worthies?

There will also be a warlord tournament, as well as a combined tournament
(fighting and non-fighting), archery, multiple A&S competitions and other
events as well!

If you do not get enough fighting in, or have enough fun, let it not be our
fault.

Alcyoneus du Battenhelm, Baron of Vatavia
Maeve Kelly de Navarre, Baroness of Vatavia