[Northkeep] Picnic on the 21st

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Wed Jul 4 09:41:32 PDT 2001

Kevinkeary at aol.com writes:

> Flying to Northkeep is a borderline case from Steppes/Elfsea.  Flying to
> Namron/Wiesenfeuer is pointless.  If our good Vicar is relocating the
> meeting
> to take the focus off Northkeep and place it on the region itself, and at
> the
> same time save us the cost of airfare, I'm all for it.  Moore is, what, a
> three hour drive from Dallas?  Four?  That makes it a local event by
> Ansteorran standards.
>
> But we're supposed to have all letters of intent in by then, and vote in
> August.  Am I the only one that feels this is moving WAY too fast?  As
> though
> Persons Unnamed were trying to circumvent the Society Seneschal's
> investigation?  We were supposed to be able to proceed at a proper, orderly
> pace with only a seneschal.  We CERTAINLY should be able to do so with a
> Vicar.
>
> Kevin

       It was the decision of Duncan and Larissa to make the meeting central
to the region.  I had suggested flying them in to make this easier on them
and us but they wantd this to be centrally located to allow as many as
possable from the northern region to attend.
       The issue of timing was discussed at the moot and will be discussed at
the Crown Picnic on the 21st.  The short version is that Duncan and Larissa
want this to be resolved during their reign.  They are unwilling to leave
this for the next Crown not knowing who that Crown will be or when they would
be able to come to Northkeep  to do an investiture.  A new Crown might very
well start the selection process all over again when they take the thrones in
January.  We could be a year or more without a Baron and Baroness.  They are
not willing to let this drag on that long.  If we are to have an investiture
in Northkeep during their reign, their schedule and the kingdom calender
dictates that it will have to be Thanksgiving weekend.   That investiture
date sets the schedule for for everything else.
       If the BoD decides to do an investigation of Thorgrim and Sigen's
removal it could easily take as long as a year.  The Crown is not willing to
wait that long to start the process.
       The Crown Picnic on the 21st is NOT the deadline for letters of
intent, though they will be accepting letters there.  We have not set a
deadline yet.  The deadline will be set at the Picnic.  The Crown wants to
interview the candidates.  They will be in the North twice between now and
investiture,  Wiesenfeuer Baronial the last weekend in September and Namron
Protectorate in mid October.  They want to do it at Wiesenfeuer Baronial to
give the people selected that much more time to prepare.   So we will have to
have our polling before Wiesenfeuer Baronial.  This could be in August or
there are a few dates in September we could have our polling.  Sept 7 - 9 is
opposite Stargate Baronial and could be a possability.   We will be
discussing this at the Picnic and we will have a moot the first weekend in
August.
       If you have concerns with any of this you should talk with Larissa
about them.  She is happy to take calls or e-mails from anyone and will take
the time to answer you.  Keep in mind that they are being crowned in three
days so this might not be the best time.  They understand that people have
many different opinions on all of this and that is why they are comming up on
the 21st to explain what they are doing and answer our questions.

Robert