[Northkeep] Rumors and other crap (was Picnic on the 21st)

Marc Carlson marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Wed Jul 4 16:58:37 PDT 2001

Kevinkeary at aol.com wrote:
>   And you and Catrin are quite correct, I was not at the Moot, and I am
> looking forward eagerly to reading your lovely and honorable lady's account
> of it when I can...

Yeah, me too :)

There's a small wording glitch in one paragraph, and then Ian's
ok, so it will
be tomorrow probably.

> ...I fully intended to be there, I was rehearsing a poem I've
> written recently I intended to perform, but my schedule did not permit it.

I missed you, but I figured whatever it was (while none of my
business) was
important.

> The odds of me attending the picnic on the 21st are less than 50%, again, not
> by my choice.  But when you are forced to work 500 miles from home, SCAdian
> pleasures often take a back seat to mundane considerations.  I was lucky to
> make Castellan.

If you want, I'll be happy to ask your questions for you.

>   I appreciate Larissa's offer to speak directly, and I'll take her up on it
> if I can, but it won't be today.  I have family things to do, followed by a
> 7+ hour trip, and a full workday tomorrow.

Be careful.

>   My initial question was, Am I alone in thinking this is going too fast for
> Northkeep's good (which no one has answered)...

That's because it's easy.  No, you aren't alone (although how
close people stand
to you may depend on your definition of "good").  I think I can
say without
fear of contradition that, in general, people would prefer that
we do this at
a our own pace, and in our own good time.   Unfortunately, as
we've talked about
elsewhere, we don't always have the choice to do what we want in
the Society since
we have to play by rules that were set long before we came along.

M/D