[Northkeep] Principality Poll

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Thu Jul 5 22:47:03 PDT 2001

gerard_de_le_quartier at hotmail.com writes:

> So from the information I see, we are well on our way to becoming a
> principality! Oh! My bad, I forgot who it was we are dealing with on this
> issues. Apparently our numbers and voices don't count.
>
> Gerard

The Following is just my opinion,  I'm not speaking for the Crown or for
Northkeep,  just Robert.

       A change in status, whether it is from shire to barony, or forming a
principality or becoming a kingdom, requires the support of a strong majority
of the paid membership of the group being changed.  Not just a majority of
those who vote but a majority of all the paid members.  At the time of the
poll the Northern Region had 343 paid members.  152 of those members voted,
or 44%.  The survey results that were posted do not list the number of paid
members who voted yes or no.  It does say that just over 25% of those who
voted said no.  If we assume that the percentage of yes to no votes was the
same between members and non members then that would suggest that 105 of the
paid members who voted, voted yes, or about 30% of the paid members in the
region.   If we assume that all 141 of the people who voted yes were paid
members then that is still only 41% of the paid members of the region.  We
don't have strong enough support for forming a principality at this time.

       I've talked with some of the people who are against forming a
principality right now and they have all said the same thing.  The reason
they are against it right now is because we don't get along with each other
in this region.  Many of them have said that if we were unified in this
region, if we got along with each other and played nice then they would
support a Principality.  But we don't get along in this region right now.  If
we are to have a principality that is the proublem we have to solve.  That
means working alongside and playing nice with the people we disagree with.
It means putting an end to the fueds and the name calling and the finger
pointing, and working together to resolve our differences.  Until we are
ready to do that we are not going to have the support for a principality.
       I think that almost everyone on both sides of the principality debate
would agree that we need to stop the fighting and learn to get along.  If we
can accomplish that THEN we will be ready for a Principality.  If not then
Principality will be just another thing to fight about.

Robert