[Northkeep] An Opportunity

Bethor2000 at aol.com Bethor2000 at aol.com
Mon Jul 9 20:23:20 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/9/01 8:19:15 PM Central Daylight Time, Fitzmorgan at cs.com
writes:
<< Greetings Northkeep
 <<(snip)  We  are on stage now.  People from all over the Kingdom and beyond
are <<looking at  how we react to the problems we are facing.  I frequently
get phone <<calls and e-mails from all over the kingdom, and often from
outside the kingdom
 <<responding to something I said on this list. People are watching us to see
 <<who we really are, as individuals and as a Barony.  (and snip) Before you
post <<something here ask yourself if you would feel
 <<comfortable saying that in front of a large Court, because that's about how
 <<private this list is.

 Robert Fitzmorgan
 ____________________ >>

Lord Vicar and fellow Northkeep Members

Excellent advice from Robert, in the above post.

However, as a member of Northkeep, during the last two months I can't help
but feel that all of these people from outside our Barony need to find other
distractions beside what is happening here.  I know its a public list.  But
don't you somehow get the feeling that these outsiders are just a tad bit on
the rubbernecker side?  It seems they are getting their schadenfroid needs
met by checking out the problems du jour on the [Northkeep] list.  Then there
is the pseudo-friendly, wise voice (from the outside of Barony) of the all
knowing, (sometimes) peer (or wanna be peer) that must hold forth via
[Northkeep] list on some aspect of our situation.  For all of those people
please note, Northkeep is an incredible bunch of people who will fix their
own problems and are quite capable of taking care of business and each other.
 Speaking only as a solitary member of the Barony, I'd really like it if
these cyber voyeurs would kindly move on, stop posting, mind thier own
business and get a life, preferably in their own neck of the SCA woods.  If
your an auslander and this cheeses you somehow, please feel free to send
advice/veiled threat/chastisment emails to me and not the [Northkeep] list,
unless of course you feel the need to show all of us that your exactly the
species I described above.

selah,
alton