[Northkeep] Stargate flooding

Susan O'Neal catmafia at swbell.net
Tue Jun 12 12:11:25 PDT 2001

At 06:46 AM 6/12/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Does anyone know how our guys are doing in Stargate?
>
>Tamberlin

I can't answer for statgate, but can give a mundane report from Jim in
Houston.  He said that cell service is real iffy, mostly people are able to
recieve calls but aren't able to make any, he has AT&T cell service.  The
flooding has mostly receded, he made it in to the airport ok.  The toll
roads have been free, as they people aren't getting in to man them.  They
are looking for the lost and persumed dead, not sure on the number but I
think it was between 20-30.  I don't know if that is in the entire area or
just Houston.  It is awful.  It was a terrible storm, as he said the
depression just sat on top of Houston and rained and rained.  He barely
made it out on Friday, he went through the area that had had 24 inches of rain.

Susan