[Northkeep] Was Heraldic Question

Marc Carlson marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Tue Jun 12 20:28:25 PDT 2001

Brown Chass wrote:
> lol well there is a major challenge... most of those
> who think it is the end all of books tend to resist
> being shown that well....

Just as those who are convinced that witchcraft didn't exist
as a religion before the late 1940s tend to be resistant.  People
will generally believe what they are taught to believe, and
getting
them to get over these things is tricky.

Personally, I figure if people don't think the Divine can't stand
a little historical accuracy tossed in there, there's a problem
--
but it's not with the religion.

> it was majorly altered by a
> man who was neither christain nor a good man... what
> was the count her murdered 2 wives before haveing the
> bible written his way so he could devorce the 3rd? lol

I don't recall Archbishop Bancroft needed a divorce (or for that
matter,
King James didn't need to change the Bible to divorce, since he
was already
the head of the Church in England, and a major Protestant long
before the
translation came out).

> well one good thing about christianity is that it is
> supposed to teach ACCEPTANCE. lol ya dont see pagans
> writeing things like that

You are right.  You don't often see that.

Marc/Diarmaid