[Northkeep] Was Heraldic Question

Marc Carlson marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Tue Jun 12 20:36:05 PDT 2001

Bethor2000 at aol.com wrote:
> Diarmuit,
> Yes, I'm familiar with the witch being mistranslated, it was really "Suffer
> not a poisoner to live", but the witch thing was so much more visceral to the
> conversation, or conversion maybe LOL.

Not a problem -- I won't hit you with the notes then :)   I agree
the
phrase was worth the risk.  My assumption was that you were
expressing
a certain crankiness with the implicit Christian Bashing -- which
was feeling myself.  If you want to bash specific individuals on
specific things -- cool, that's your right, and I applaud it.
Bash
large scale groups, like whole religions (not to mention doing so
with inaccuracies claimed as facts), and it pisses me off.  I
apologize
it I've been too cranky about it.  Christian Bashing makes Pagans
look
bad (especially those who are supposed to be following the Rede
about
"an it harm none").

Marc/Diarmaid