[Northkeep] E-Mail

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Sun Jun 17 20:34:43 PDT 2001

Hello

       Since being named Vicar I have been trying as much as possable to
handle business face to face and at scheduled meetings rather than by e-mail.
 I'm doing this for two reasons.  First:  The chances of mis-understanding
are much greater by e-mail than in person.  Over and over and over we've seen
bad situations made worse by a poorly worded e-mail.  Over and Over and over
we've seen people getting themselves in trouble by posting something publicly
that they thought was private.   With matters as emotionaly charged and
sensitive as we are dealing with now I would much rather be able to see the
person I'm talking with and avoid a lot of these unneccessary
mis-understandings.   Second:  We have a great many people from out of the
Barony looking in on our discussions here.  Every message we send on the
Northkeep list is available from the kindgom web-page for who knows how long.
 If we have a disagreement when we are talking and someone says something
they later regret they can apologize and that's the end of it.  If we
disagree here the whole kingdom and the whole barony sees every word.
       I have ade every effort to attend the baronial meetings and talk to as
many people as possable about what is going on.  Even so some people don't go
to all the meetings and might not hear all the news till populace meeting.
I'm sorry about that, but I'm not going to handle sensitive business on a
public list.  I'm not going to do it by private e-mail as the chances are too
great of things being posted publicly by mistake.  If you want to know what
the latest news is give me or Ian a call, or show up at fighter practice.
There are a few things I can't talk about because I promised various people
that I wouldn't.  Anything I can talk about I will, but in person or on the
phone.

Robert Fitzmorgan
Vicar