[Northkeep] Alternative word for "Cervix"

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 07:26:34 PDT 2001

Talana takes up her liberal arts degree and switches off the safety:

Another Latin word for strength is "vir."  "Cervix" has obvious modern
feminine implications.  "Vir," on the other hand, is the root for masculine
strength - as in "virility" and "virulent"; it is also the source of the
"were" part of "werewolf."  Think of a werewolf as a wolf with man-like
features and strenghts, and you get the idea.

"Vir," in a nutshell, means strength, honor, courage, all those things that
make a male a man.

Of course, *proper* pronunciation of it is "weer" - as you hear in
"werewolf."

I personally have no problem with "cervix."  I mean, what is stronger than
the strongest single muscle the human species produces?  However,  since the
other baronies might night be as educated as we, I imagine they would
probably just snicker at us.

Si vales, valeo
(If you are well, then I am well - Roman greeting)

Talana
Enjoying her last day of vacation before heading back into the wilds of
retail.