[Northkeep] Lighten up and Where has all the fun gone.

Susan O'Neal catmafia at swbell.net
Tue Jun 19 09:06:58 PDT 2001

At 07:56 AM 6/19/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>One is seen as the teacher and the other the student...however...in a
>genuine fruitful relationship of any type ....many times the students have
>much to offer and teach the teacher...it is necessary for the teacher to see
>this, realize it and be open to the process....It is also the same amongst
>members of shires, baronies, cantons...the "older" ( been there longer)
>members are teachers for the new arrivals..be they newbies or re-located
>members...ya gotta remember that most people have something to offer.
>sometimes you have to weed thru the other BS to see it....but you can learn
>form the youngest as well....

I don't know you yet and am unsure how to address you, but this is so
incredibly true.

I think recently, Castellan, our youngest gave us much to learn from.  When
the children were getting answers to their quest, they were getting to know
all sorts of people  and truely catching some of the magic of the dream.  I
loved watching the small ones go up to Jason on the throne and ask, he was
so kind and gentel with them that it was heart warming.  I thank you Nyx so
much for this.  Also having the one who won the older group, I must say
what an incredible thing with was for Peg (I have to start remembering to
call her Alanna)  She is so timid so often, that to go up to that many
people and ask questions was such a great streach for her, it is
incredible.  If you are one of the people she just walked up to and asked,
that says alot about how she feels about you and is a great compliment of
knowing you are safe.  Thank you also for then helping her ask your friends
to get the rest of the questions answered.  This caring and sharing of
things is a great part of what the Dream is to me and I appreciate you
being part of it.  I truely appreciate those who are shining forth with
honor through this tough time, you have many young (both in youth and to
the society) people watching and this shapes what the dream will be for them.

Vivat Northkeep!

Susan