[Northkeep] Inkle Loom thing

Susan O'Neal catmafia at swbell.net
Wed Jun 20 22:39:56 PDT 2001

>In addition to June's A&S meeting night, Ox has responded to a very
>sucessful
>A&S class that Lady Mercedees gave in April on Inkle Weaving - there
>will be
>an inkle loom construction day on June 24th at Ox's house.  If you are
>interested, please contact Ox at 405-372-4180 or Oxlademac at aol.com so
>that he
>can make sure to get materials for you.  Cost is yet unknown but
>estimated
>not to exceed $20.  (It will probably be more like $10.)

In case this was missed earlier, thank you so much for this info
Mercedes.  I conacted Oxlade and he said,  "We're starting at 10:00 am. I'd
think we'd be mostly done, if not completely done, by 4:30. "  I plan on
going and I know there was other interests in it too.  We might be able to
get together to car pool (just remember to have enough space to bring the
looms back).  I will be coming home as soon as we are done as we have VBS
that night and I am supposed to be helping make drums.  If you are sending
it to me offlist, catmafia at swbell.net.  I am not sure when he needs to know
how many for materials, but will check.

Other info.  I bought a 10 X 20 pavillion at Sam's today for $200.  It has
the metal poles and the fabric is a white tarp.  I plan to replace
eventually with canvas, but it is a start.  I got it at the Sheridan and
43rd (?) store and they had another 10 or so out.

I don't even want to think what that tarp will sound like in the wind,

Susan