[Northkeep] Was Heraldic Question

Derek Wilson dwilson at dollarcar.com
Tue Jun 12 14:34:20 PDT 2001

Weren't so much talking about recorded "pagan" religions so much as
non-catholic I think. The Crusades pretty much found plenty of Islamics to
bring the light to in one fashion or another in europe. And of course the
split between the Greek orthodox and catholics was not one you advertised
openly if you lived in the others territory. So while the "underground
religion" of wicca and the church of the ray of light at the 4th fork in the
river stuff is pretty much based on conjecture. There were plenty of
underground religions depending on where you were and when. And as far as
converting being painless I would venture to guess those who were converted
during the crusades would contest that notion.

But back on the subject of the motto. It was meant in jest only