[Northkeep] Motto Suggestions

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Sun Jun 17 10:29:42 PDT 2001

      Here are the Motto Suggestions I have so far.  Selwyn suggested one a
while back but I can't find it.  I think it was Latin for "The Thing Speaks
for It's Self"  The idea being that Northkeep's greatness speaks for it's
self.

Robert

Some Motto Suggestions

My choice is, "The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest of all".
Okay, I know it's from Mulan, but it still works for me.
            Catrin

Alton's offerings for mottos

1)  audemus iura nostra  - We dare to defend our rights     OR
2) de bono et malo - For better or worse

I was thinking "Strength, Resilience, Unity". But I seem to be having
difficulty finding the Latin for
"resilience" and "Strength in Unity" was pretty bad sounding... "Cervix in
Iunctus"        Zahava

We may flicker but we never stop shining!       Lady Susannah

"Ego ambularo cum cervix quod superbia"     "I walk with strength and pride"

I'm not sure if the "quod" is in this case grammatically correct... Anyone
out there know?     zahava

Well, since we "Northerners" tend to lean towards the Norse backgrounds, we
could use a Norse motto...
Afl stjörnur    Loosely translated means "Strength of the Star"         Emily
Minier

"  "Let the evil be sufficient unto the day"        Angus ttar

O.K. Since it's going to be in print, I have to agree cervix is out.  How
about
We walk with strength and pride, we are Northkeep

 How about "Deeds above words"?
 I believe I read that years ago as a motto of an engineer unit in an Order
of Battle for Vietnam.

   Valstarr

I was thinking "Quis Tata estque tuus" ("Who's your daddy?")
Marc/Diarmaid

How about, "Don't Tread On Me"  oh wait a minute that's been done...
    Balvin

Although Norse would be more unique, I just thought I'd post a Latin version
of (Strength of the Star)

Fortitudo ex Stella Pronounced:  for-tee-TOO-do ay STAY-lah

Allons! ,which means Let's Go!(french)                  Galiwyn

What about the bright star of the North?                    Lady Susannah

Since that's taken.  How about "Semper Gumbi" - Always flexible.

Northkeep Rocks

Jewel of the North

Mean People Suck