[Northkeep] Need help with personna info...

Ren Picard kateryne_la_esclopiera at juno.com
Thu Jun 21 17:32:01 PDT 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 00:08:21 -0500 "Susan O'Neal" <catmafia at swbell.net>
writes:
> At 09:58 PM 6/20/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> I love your look for info and your personna is fun, it must be a
> great break from your mundane world.  You have such a great sense joy
de
> ver (the dyslexic, not liberal arts person with too much trouble with
english
> to try other languages).  As for persona info, I think I am ready to
try to
> find info again.  I am probably going to need Marc's services and maybe
> Livia's.  Does anyone have any info on the Isle of Man?  I am
> looking at Manx 1400's; whatever time Tudor was, I like the earlier
stuff not
> Elizabethian.  I figure I will get a good Celtic/Norse combo from
> the Isle of Man and then for formal occasions, dress for Tudor Court.
I have
> also figured our a new device and will push to do that and register my
> name.  Eitienne, you said to holler, I am thinking a rectangle
> divided diagonally blue and green with a spider argent in the middle
(sorry,
> my heraldic translator has gone to bed).  Will this give me enough
> degrees of difference with the other spider devices?  I can go with
proper if
> that helps, as spiders come in all colors.

Well, I have tried to find information about her on the internet, but
alas, all I find is stuff in French!  This is all well and good,
however,t he only French I speak is as in fries, toast, and never
mind....  this is a medium used by children as well.....heheheheh.  hey,
I had to put something like that in, everyone seems to expect it!

Anyway.  I have been looking for information about the normal people, you
know, the people who took care of the royals, nobels and their people.  I
know the basics, but I would like just a little more indepth information
about things like taverns, the people who ran them, the people who used
them (taverns, inns and the women) and I'd like to find out what type of
things they did for fun, music, dancing.  You know.... normal stuff.  All
the high court stuff is interesting, but I would like to see what the
"simple folk do".  I guess it comes from the play Camalot with Richard
Harris.

Yes, this is a great personna to play.  Unfortunately, alot of people
seem to think this is how I always act out side of SCA.  Actually, I am
just a tad bit more reserved...  not much, but a tad.  I don't run around
Tulsa kissing every man in sight, just the ones I think I would like one
from!  Just kidding!  I am crazy and enjoy a great hoot of a laugh, but I
like everyone else get stressed from bills, work, family, and the such.
Hence my motto,  "Il est bon d'etre la ganse!"  translated:  "It's good
to be the gimp!"    It gives me a chance to be the flirt I always wished
I could be, extremely loud and boustrious, and have the time of my life.
I'm not Ren at the events, but I'm Ryn the Gimp and it IS good to be the
Gimp!

Ryn

Kateryne la Esclopiera

Il est bon d'etre la ganse!