[Northkeep] (no subject)

Emily Minier eminier at dollar.com
Mon Jun 11 06:05:46 PDT 2001

Catrin,

Please allow me a moment of time to explain some of the finer nuances of the
Assassin's Guild.  First, let me say that no offense was taken by your
message against the Guild.  Second, you were slightly incorrect in the
statement "If the 'kill' is a permanent destruction of the targeted
persona..."  Allow me to explain. The Ansteorran Assassin's Guild has a
charter that we are required to follow (I can forward it to you if you
wish).  For the purpose of brevity, I'll paraphrase.

1. Once a contract has been "taken out" on a person, we are required to get
the "victim's" consent before we turn the Guild loose.  (Stipulations can be
made such as if the 'victim' wants to play, but is feastocratting an event
and doesn't want an attempt at that event - we understand and would make it
clear to the Guild.)

2.  The "victim" has the choice of whether the death is persona death or
not.  We are playing a "sub-game" as you so adequately called it.   I, for
one, know that if a contract were to be taken out on me, I would not want my
persona killed, but I would love the challenge of the game.

3.  If a member of the Guild makes an attempt at an event and fails, the
other members of the Guild can attempt at THAT event and if none are
successful, then the "victim" has beaten us.

For the record, Northkeep has only had one contract opened and carried out.
It was against Damon Xanthus who agreed to play (he set the event at which
it had to occur and he did not want a persona death.)

A great time was had by all who joined in the chase.

I hope I've cleared up some ideas about the Guild and will be happy to
provide more information to any who want it.

In Continuing Service to the Dream,
~Adalia "Nyx" VonDerBerg~

 "But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"
                  --Yeats