[Northkeep] Heraldic Question

Ren Picard kateryne_la_esclopiera at juno.com
Tue Jun 12 07:17:11 PDT 2001

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:17:24 -0500 Emily Minier <eminier at dollar.com>
writes:

> Well, since we "Northerners" tend to lean towards the Norse
> backgrounds, we
> could use a Norse motto...
>
> Afl stjörnur
>
> Loosely translated means "Strength of the Star"

I like the translation "Strength of the Star" because it denotes that
Northkeep is strong and I do believe Ansteorra will be a bit surprised by
our strength and unity.  However, I don't think it needs to fall back
upon the Norse because there are just as many within Northkeep that don't
play Norse...  I'm afraid it would cause some personnas to feel unwanted
or rejected.

Just a thought,
Ryn

Kateryne la Esclopiera