[Northkeep] The Moot/Meeting/Fighter Practice/Revel

Kelandra Carmichael kelandra_c at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:36:13 PDT 2001

I think some people are under the impression that we will be electing
candidates for a new baron or baroness at this upcoming moot.    This is not
true...selecting a new baron and baroness is a long process.  People must
have time to make a decision whether they want to run and then the populace
must have time to make a decision on who they believe is the best candidate
(s).  Eventually the candidate (s) will be voted on by the populace and they
will also have to be interviewed by the then crown.  This isn't something
that will happen in a month or even two months.  This moot in June will be a
fighter practice/meeting/revel.

I think many of us hope Thorgrim and Sigen will be reinstated by the BOD.
But as one whose hopes were crushed twice at Castellan, I am trying not to
lay much faith in my own hopes.  I fully expected Thorgrim and Sigen to be
reinstated at Castellan by His Majesty.  When they were not, I went away in
tears--I was angry, hurt and disappointed.  I don't want to be made to feel
this way again; but it is already starting.  I have friends, good friends
who are hurting and there is nothing, repeat nothing, I can do for them.  I
can not reinstate them, I can not heal them, I can not even make them smile
anymore--talk about crushed dreams.

One thing I don't like to see is when people sit through entire meetings and
don't voice one word and then later post to the list making accusations to
and of our leaders in this group.  Why weren't these things said in the 3
and a half hour officer's  meeting yesterday?  Or to Ian or Robert who spent
another hour after the meeting talking to people who had questions?  Aren't
we supposed to talk to one another?  Isn't this how this whole thing
started?  A phone call was made, accusations flew, and we lost our two best
leaders?  Come on people.

In search of the dream,
Kelandra