[Northkeep] Weird question

Dennis England sirbalvin at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 30 07:34:38 PDT 2001

A cross gaurd definately makes a stick handle differently.  I fought the 7
yrs or so of my SCA life w/a crossgaurd.  I like them very much from the
standpoint of authenticity.  BUT, my personal experience was this; a basket
makes the stick much more controlable especially toward the business end and
allows the fighter to snap it out with much finer degree of accuracy and
more focused energy.  My fighting went up several notches in short order
when I finally let Michael talk me into trying one.

My 2 cents worth.
Balvin