NK - Citizens of the North

Miriam Cook zahavabathannah at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 07:25:29 PST 2001

 "fowl" Trimarans?  What sort of fowl is a Trimaran
> and how would it
> be best cooked?

A water fowl, I am sure!

And I think that I found the perfect one..... a gumbo
to go with our hosting Kingdom.

 Wild Duck Gumbo

Recipe By     : TASTE OF HOME DEC/JAN 1996
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    :
  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation
Method
--------  ------------
--------------------------------
   2                    wild ducks -- cut up
     1/2  cup           cooking oil
     2/3  cup           all-purpose flour
   1      pound         smoked sausage -- sliced
   2      cups          chopped onion
   1 1/2  cups          green pepper -- chopped
   1 1/2  cups          celery -- sliced
   2      Tablespoons   fresh parsley -- minced
   1      Tablespoon    garlic -- minced
  14 1/2  ounces        stewed tomatoes
   2                    bay leaves
   2      Tablespoons   Worcestershire sauce
   1 1/2  teaspoons     pepper
   1      teaspoon      salt
   1      teaspoon      dried thyme
     1/4  teaspoon      cayenne pepper
   2      quarts        water
                        Hot cooked rice

In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown duck in
batches in oil. Remove and
set a
side. Discard all but 2/3 cup drippings. Add flour to
drippings; cook and
stir o
ver medium heat until brown, 12-14 minutes. Add
sausage, onion, green
pepper, ce
lery, parsley and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes,
stirring occasionally. Add
next 8
 ingredients; mix well. Add duck; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 60-75 minutes or until
duck is tender. Remove
duck
. Cool. Debone and cut into chunks; return to pan.
Simmer 5-10 minutes or
until
heated through. Remove bay leaves. Serve with rice.

HEHEHE
Zahava

--- "Darin K. Herndon" <darin-herndon at utulsa.edu>
wrote:
> "fowl" Trimarans?  What sort of fowl is a Trimaran
> and how would it
> be best cooked?  Recipe suggestions?
>
> Etienne

=====
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons...for you are crunchy and good
with ketchup."