NK - knee

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Fri Mar 2 14:53:18 PST 2001

Actually heres EXACTLY what the rules say

Rigid Materials (includes the following):
1. Mild steel of not less than 18 gauge
2. Aluminum of not less than 16 gauge
3. Stainless Steel of not less than 20 gauge
4. Other metals of sufficient thickness to give similar rigidity
to those listed above.
5. High impact resistant plastic such as ABS or polyethylene of sufficient
thickness to give similar rigidity to those metals listed above.
6. Heavy leather that has been hardened in hot wax, boiled, soaked in
polyester resin, or treated with some other material that provides a
similar
stiffening effect.
7. Other materials approved by the Crown and the Earl Marshal on a
case-by-case basis.

G. Knee Protection:
1. The kneecaps (including 1 inch (25 mm) above and 1 inch (25 mm) below)
on
both knees, as well as both sides of the knee joint, are required to be
covered as follows:
a. Knee armor will be constructed of rigid materials and will be backed by
a minimum of 3/8-inch (9.5 mm) of closed-cell foam or equivalent.
b. It is strongly recommended that a minimum of heavy padding be worn over
the thigh of the leading leg for shield users and over both thighs if the
Combatant is fighting without a shield.

So legally, yes you can wear the bucket plastic IF and only IF it has
similar rigidity of 18 guage steel.

If it is not as tough as steel, you can be bounced from inspection.

I agree wholeheartedly with Xenos's comments.  Get steel.  If you can't
afford to buy it go to Edmund and Tristans.  They normally make anything if
you go over there and talk to them while the do it.

JP (who would probably bounce you for plasticknees unless it was ABS or
REALLY thick).

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.
cchipman at nomadics.com