Recipe Re: [Northkeep] Mulberry Wine

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner BurgBorrendohl at earthlink.net
Wed May 16 16:26:29 PDT 2001

Most Basic:
To make 1 gal.
5 lb Mulberries
1 Gal Water
3 lb. Sugar
@.5 teaspoons citric acid (lemon juice will do)
Wine or Port yeast

Place fruit in water and heat to approx. 150 degrees for 15 min to
pasteurize.

Dissolve yeast in some water with a spoonful of sugar.

When temp of must drops to 80-90 degrees add yeast mix.

Siphon off fruit after 1 week.	Make a wine cake with used fruit.

Rack again in 2-3 months.  Sample, bottle, continue aging as you desire.

Damon

If you want better details or a more advanced recipe get ahold of me
sometime.  My first batch of mulberry tasted like paint thinner for the
first year but was fantastic by year 3.