[Northkeep] NR List is now moderated

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Sun May 20 00:14:32 PDT 2001

In a message dated 5/19/01 11:44:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Galloch07 at aol.com writes:

> When did this stop being a game? The entire ideal is being twisted.
> Moderating a list to which we post our opinions? How are we supposed to have
> a forum if what we say is "unapproved", and therefore suppressed? This is
> disgusting.
>                Galloch Littlebear/Marty...sad

       If you are not on the Northern List, someone posted something very
inflammatory and harmful to the list.  Something that is almost certainly
going to cause damage.  The decision was made to moderate the list for now to
try and prevent further damage.  The ideal is indeed being twisted but by
those who would use these lists to hurt others.  I think that it is right and
proper that those who have the power to do so try and prevent these forums
from being misused.
       As one who administers two lists on the kingdom server I can tell you
that there are guidelines set for what is and is not approbate for those
lists.  When those guidelines are not being observed it is the responsibility
of the list administrator to act.  The kingdom owns these lists and provides
them as a service to the populace.  They have every right, and in my opinion
a responsibility, to set standards for their use.  They have shown no
tendency to abuse this power.   If this had happened on one of my lists I
would have taken action.

Robert Fitzmorgan