[Northkeep] Why Michael? ad nauseum

Bethor2000 at aol.com Bethor2000 at aol.com
Mon May 21 22:26:09 PDT 2001

In a message dated 5/21/01 11:53:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
MBC71798 at aol.com writes:

<< Ok what you are doing may not be as tactful as what Robert said but Atleast
 he didn't drag any one else into the e mail. I really think you owe bella and
 apology. If this is what an honorable man is in Northkeep then Odin help us!
 I know many of the Northkeep players and have for years and this is not an
 acceptable way of treating each other. Come on Atleast back in the dark ages
 we had to do it either behind each others back or face to face. Not like
 this! And believe me my Lord if you would like to get into an argument then
 this red head is more then willing to do it with you but Atleast I will have
 enough tact to keep it off the list.
 In service to the kingdom,
 Lady Susannah Blackthorne >>

At least Michael is up front about his views on these subjects.  You don't
have to like his views or agree with him, but he has the gahones to speak his
mind, even when some consider it utter nonsense.
I'm a member of the cornerstones, in fact I got my cornerstone the same night
as Merrik did.  He got his cornerstone for the same reason a lot of us did,
working his ass off to build this barony.  I don't recall the Cornerstone
being a polled order, but if you want to take his cornerstone away, I vote
no.  In fact, if we are going to use the recent events as a measure for
actions, lets take away Belle's Cornerstone for making the mistake of not
checking her SEND TO: on that spicy little email she posted.  My oh my, egg
on the face sure will make a person turn all apologetic and nice, when one
email ago they were plotting to put a screwdriver in your back.  If apologies
are getting served then there is a whole buffet to be laid out on this
remove.  And if you read your Medieval history you will discover that people
were very careful about making accusations, because they didn't have the
luxury of hiding behind assault and battery charges - it was put up or shut
up and you had to back what you said with your life.  A pity we couldn't have
a little of that now, eh?  Merrik/Michael might be a lot of things, but he's
not a coward when it comes to facing what he doesn't like.  He also used to
fight a pretty good bastard sword game for all those contemplating
challenging him on the field.

just the opinion of a local Northkeeper of little consequence,
Alton