[Northkeep] The Northkeep/Thorgrim and Sigen Issue

Kelandra Carmichael kelandra_c at hotmail.com
Sun May 20 20:51:18 PDT 2001

Greetings all,

Please bear with me during the course of this email. After you have read my
email I welcome your private replies.
I have recently come from the Officers' meeting for Northkeep and I have a
few things that need to be said. The following words reflect the opinions of
the officers and attending members from that meeting:

1.  Knowing Thorgrim and Sigen they did not want this to happen. If you
honor them--stop...think about the honor and service they embodied and then
apply that to a positive cause by supporting the Barony, the Northern
Region, and the Kingdom in recovering from what has happened.

2. Northkeep does not approve or condone any slanderous, liable, or
seditious comments from any one. This type of revenge emailing must stop!
The previous words of  "Marrock" Michael Heydon regarding the Nobles of the
other Northern Baronies do not reflect the opinions or ideas of Northkeep.

3. Northkeep is a part of the Northern Region and of Ansteorra and does not
view itself as being at war with any one. Thorgrim and Sigen would not have
wanted this conflict to occur, nor would they want anyone else to pursue
such a destructive course...I have heard it directly from their lips.
Thorgrim and Sigen were faithful, loyal, and honorable subjects of the
crown. While some of you need to vent, do not dishonor them by continuing
along with these verbal tirades. Hateful and rebellious comments only add to
the problem.

4. Northkeep wants to start healing. We have to start healing. With one of
our two major events less than two weeks away, we have to concentrate on
pulling it off without a hitch. No one can change what was done; all we can
do is make the best of it. If you would like to help, we would welcome your
positive or constructive comments. We do expect that at our Castellan event
we will see the appointment of a Vicar and Vicaress to help maintain the
Barony until we are ready for a new Baron and Baroness.

5. We would like for all of our friends, family, and neighbors to please
join us June 1-3 at the Will Rogers Scout Ranch in Cleveland Oklahoma for
Castellan. We welcome everyone to share in the traditional Northkeep
hospitality and give each of you the opportunity to support our healing
process by attending.

There is so much that needs to be done, please apply your anger to a
positive purpose and stop tearing down the King and the South. We are all
Ansteorra, even if we are separated by distance, ideas, or customs.

In Service,
Laird Ian Dun Gillan
Seneschal Northkeep