[Northkeep] New Project, data gathering

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 09:20:25 PST 2001

>From: Miriam Cook <zahavabathannah at yahoo.com>
>Because the old addage is not just an old addage..."if
>you forget your history you are doomed to repeate it."

Exactly.

One of the concerns that's been expressed to me is that to get a proper
perspective, we'd have to dig up a lot of things better left
buried (and thereby implying that this isn't the smartest idea
I've had lately).  I'm very sympathetic to that, and if George
and Edna or whoever had a big hairy fight that caused a lot of
trouble - the last thing I want to do is to get that started again.
But at the very least I want to be able to say that "in such and
such a year, the Vikings came up the river and raided; George and
Edna were in disagreement -- There was much bickering and gossiping.  Go ye
not there."

>I am lucky enough to be young enough not to remember
>the bad times. But I want to thank Dairmaid for being
>strong enough to take on such a task.

I appreciate it, but do me a favor - thank me when it's done.  If in six
months the people who've been here more than the average are mostly all
still talking to me, that will mean I've done my job right. Thank me then.

Marc/Diarmaid