[Northkeep] (no subject)

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 13 21:40:30 PST 2001

I was asked to post the general outcome of the poll.  After weeding out the
people who are nomail, and duplicate subscriptions to Northkeep and
Mooneschadowe, I had a possible response population of 205 people.  I have,
at this point, 24 responses.  7 people wouldn't mind their pictures being
posted to the net without any control over them.  17 would like to be asked
first, if only to have some control over those pictures, to make sure they
don't look stupid or aren't in some inappropriate position.  Of those 17, 4
wouldn't want their pictures displayed under any circumstances (one quite
vehemently).
Also, some questions were raised about privacy issues, likeness rights, and
so on.

These numbers, while not conclusive suggest that there are a large number of
people who would prefer to be asked first before having their pictures
displayed.

This generally tends to support the new rules for putting people's pictures
on "recognized" SCA sites (which include written permission from the
copyright holder of the photograph (i.e., the photographer) and general
written permission (email is ok) for people who are identifiable mundanely
from an SCA photograph (their face is clearly shown - in other words, crowd
scenes, melees, and so on aren't really relevant).

Marc/Diarmaid