[Northkeep] Rapier Practice is Canceled

Puck Curtis puck_curtis at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:10:34 PST 2001

Felicitations,

  Just a quick note to let you know that, due to the incoming cold front,
I've decided to cancel tomorrow night's rapier practice.  I am hoping that
we will be able to have our indoor site next week.

  I have managed to contact the the Assistant Prinicipal at Nathan Hale High
School and I'm in the process of trying to get us an indoor space.  There
are some forms we need to fill out and I wanted to give him a chance to ask
questions and tell us what his expectations were.

I'm also going to quickly take this opportunity to post the link to the
youth rapier rules for The SCA in Ansteorra.  For a child to compete, both
the child and the parent must be familiar with these rules.

http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/marshal/rapier/ayr/yr_rules.htm

Here are some links for Fencing equipment as well:

http://www.amfence.com/

http://www.triplette.com/

http://www.santelli.com/

http://www.darkwoodarmory.com/

  Youth rapier requires a number 5 foil, a standard fencing mask, and a
gorget (neck armor).  I can answer any specific questions anyone may have
and we have loaner gear available.

  Of course, nothing is required to attend the practice but having your own
personal gear is very handy.

With regards,

Don Pachomius Oneshoe
(often known as Puck)