[Northkeep] Other History Question

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Thu Nov 29 17:44:32 PST 2001

In part with Dairmaid's request for history of the Barony, I was reading
over the page he put up.  As one of the people with less than two years
experience, I have some questions for you all.  Can you tell me about some
of your favorite demo experiences of the past.  Where you were, what was
the focus and why you remember it.  It will help me have a better idea
about planning demos.

I noticed from the history that we used to participate in the Mayfest each
year, does anyone have memories of what was done then?  Is there a desire
to do it again?  In my 4 month as hospitaller, we have had the
Dionadier/Ensign Tourney which is our local public demo, the two demos at
Union Schools and the rainy day demo at NSU.  We are working on plans for a
demo at TU sometime in the Spring in conjunction with some of the students
there who are looking to have a medevial club on campus and also some one
or two people ones at the Linen Registry at Promanade Mall.  In talking to
the other hospitaller's of the region, just these would be almost twice as
many demos as anyone else does.

I would like to get an idea from you, what would you like to be doing in
the area of demos?  What wisdom  do you have from having participated in
many?  Lady Catin has graciously offered to help me put together a demo
basics guide, now to get with her so we can work on it.

Susan the Curious
Hospitaller
Barony of Northkeep
Ansteorra