[Northkeep] New Project, data gathering

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 13:41:24 PST 2001

>From: Jack Skinner <Jack.Skinner at thrifty.com>
>That sounds wonderfully ambitious, Diarmaid!  I'll look through the >notes
>and journals I kept while active and see what I can contribute to the
>project.

Please, thank you.

Personally, I think it sounds mind-numbingly stupid risky on my part, but
we've lost so many people already, and to wait any longer may mean that some
*important* information vanishes into oblivion (anyone know the difference
between someone who is dead, and someone who has stopped playing?  Inthis
context, pretty much not a damned thing).  And while some bits of history
may sometimes look *better* lost -- our history is what makes us who we are.
  The decisions we made then, both good and bad, made us who we are today.
For example, Kieren - you left for a while (why is not important to *this*
discussion right here), the fact that you did so  - right or wrong -
affected the way the group has developed.  My rather long nap, again whether
for the best or not; and what I have done since then has affected (if only
in a small way) where we are right now.

If that history of how we got from point A to point M is lost, we lose that
much of ourselves.  It also means we can't learn from the mistakes of the
past.

The phrases 'some things are best forgotten' and 'ignorance is bliss' are
anathama to me.  Somethings are best set aside, until tempers have cooled a
bit - knowlege is bliss.

So, anyway...

M/D