[Northkeep] A slightly different situation.

Jack Skinner Jack.Skinner at Thrifty.com
Wed Oct 10 08:55:57 PDT 2001

To make it clear, I was not referring to the gentle from Mooneschadowe as
the quintessential "pit Chihuahua." That epithet was clearly for any and all
who have attempted to stir up trouble from Northkeep.  Sure they cause such
a fuss to arise, but when the dust all settles (usually on its own) we go on
quite better for the experience.  Often is  the way of adversity the best
road toward success.  Kieran

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Carlson [mailto:marc-carlson at utulsa.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 10:45 AM
To: northkeep at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Northkeep] A slightly different situation.

At 10:08 AM 10/10/01 -0700, Chass wrote:
>>I didnt say blow him off, I just wonder about his....."motives".

No, you didn't explicitly say it.  By putting things that way (i.e.
"motives", "hmm could
it be that this Gent has a thorn in his side against NK?"), what you doing
is saying
that this person isn't saying anything that we need to be listening to.
I.e., "blowing him
off".

If you want to think of this guy (I don't know him, and can so only judge
his motives by what
he's written, do you know him?) as a 'crackpot', or (as Kieran put it)
"chihuahua' -- that's your
business.  Maybe he is - or maybe you are turning your back on a problem
with perception.
I do know that over the past that sort of arrogance is a large reason we
have been perceived
elsewhere as insular and self-absorbed.

If Northkeep is in fact as cool a place as everyone seems to think (and I
actually agree with
that view BTW), it can't hurt to look in the mirror occasionally.  Sometimes
a mirror can show
dirt on a face that might have otherwise missed it.  OTOH, if you don't
think the group is
strong enough to look itself in the face and see that the face it's
presenting is the best one
possible, and if necessary tweak its appearance a little -- you don't live
in the same Northkeep
I do.

Marc/Diarmaid