[Northkeep] lighter side of the rumor mill

david langston wynfrith at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 02:29:16 PDT 2001

The preacher rose with a red face. "Someone
in this congregation has spread a rumor that
I belong to the K.K.K. This is a horrible lie
and one which a Christian community
cannot tolerate. I am embarrassed and do
not intend to accept this. Now I want the
party who did this to stand and ask
forgiveness from God and this Christian family."

No one moved.

The preacher continued. "Do you not have
the nerve to face me and admit this is a
falsehood. Remember, you will be forgiven
and in your heart you will feel glory. Now
stand and confess your transgression."

Again all was quiet. Slowly a "drop dead"
gorgeous blond and a body that would not
stop rose from the third pew.

Her head was bowed and voice quivered
as she spoke. "Reverend there has been a
terrible misunderstand. I never said you
were a member of the Klu Klux Klan. I told
a couple of friends you were a
wizard under the sheets.

Wynfrith