[Northkeep] Northkeep Polling

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Sun Sep 16 20:53:53 PDT 2001

       I have spoken with Her Majesty about our polling.  It will take place
on Sunday, September 30th at 1:00 PM at Tulsa University.  Etienne will be
posting directions to the site and directions will also be in the Saga.  We
will be using Green ballots for members and White ballots for nonmembers.  We
will try to have a list of all the paid members at the polling but just in
case we don't members should bring their membership card or a current Black
Star with the mailing label intact.  Nonmembers should bring some form of
identification that has their name and zip-code on it as proof that they
reside in Northkeep or Rundel.
       The ballots will list all the candidates and we will indicate our 1st,
2nd and 3rd choices.  Write-ins will not be accepted and will invalidate the
ballot.
        The Ballots will be counted at the polling.  If there is overwhelming
support for one couple, Her Majesty will phone His Majesty and if he agrees
she will announce the next Baron and Baroness at the polling.  If there is
not overwhelming support for one couple then She will return home and consult
with His Majesty and they will announce their choice in 6 days at Crown
Tournament.
        Those who cannot attend the polling should mail their 1st, 2nd and
3rd choices to the Crown along with their SCA and mundane names, address and
membership number.  Since it is possable that results may be announced at the
polling, mail-in ballots should be recieved by the Crown prior to the
polling. You should also include some way for the Crown to contact you to
verify your vote if it should prove necessary.   The Crown is accepting
mail-in ballots now.
       The number of votes received by the candidates will not be revealed at
any time to anyone.  It is kingdom policy not to reveal this information as
it can cause problems if the couple selected by the Crown is not the couple
who received the most votes, and can cause hurt feelings if one or more
couples receive a very low number of votes.  I know that we were told the
results of our first polling but that is not normal and will not be done this
time.
       If you have any questions about this please feel free to ask me, or
Her Majesty.

Robert Fitzmorgan