[Northkeep] Opportunity in Tahlequah, for NSU

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Sun Sep 30 20:15:26 PDT 2001

We are just in the planning stages now, but I wanted to let you all know
about this now so you can plan on the date.  There is interest in getting a
College going in Tahlequah at NSU.  There are several professors interested
and support coming from the History Department.  Micheal of Northkeep has
been working on this and I have great expectations of what will come out of
this.  As the Hospitaller of Northkeep, the demo falls under my ageis and
in my mundane life it is where I was born and raised and one of my favorite
places on earth.  I would love to do a wonderful job to be able bring in
lots of interest to help add to the strength of the north in addition to
having a way to get lots of my friends involved in the SCA.  If you have
any links with this school and would like to help me in any way, please
write me at Susan-the-Curious at swbell.net

The date we are looking at is November 3rd, putting it between Eldern
Hills' Samhain on October 26-28,
http://eldern-hills.ansteorra.org/samhain01.htm and Rundel's Margrave's
November 9-11, http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/cantonrundel/margrave.html and
the war of Three Kings.  Time would probably be from 10-2, but can be
expanded.  They have a home football game that day, so there should be
plenty of people in town for it.  The college has said that they will do
the publicity for it, as this is being done in connection with Micheal of
Northkeep's dorm.  We are also looking for a place to have a revel
afterwards and I will have information on this later.

This is the same weekend as Kingdom A&S  Shadowlands (Bryan/College
Station,TX), http://shadowlands.ansteorra.org/events/karts ,  and we would
love to have any artisans who are unable to make it to Kingdom A&S.  If
this is something that you think you can do, please let me know, so I have
some ideas of what I can tell them we will be providing.  I will also be
looking into what requirements they might have for merchants and food, so
as I can get back to you all on this.  I would love to be able to get a
small festival type atmosphere for this. I would love to old this in front
of historic Seminary Hall, http://www.nsuok.edu/campconx/tours.html .  Near
Seminary Hall there is a sloping lawn and also a small pond with a stone
bridge going over it, overlooked by a castle up on the hill.  One of the
orrigional springs that the town was founded near is in this area and a
lovely creek runs by, giving it a wonderful atmosphere.

Ok, I will stop being sentimental.  I know the trip is long, but the beauty
is well worth it and if we have a long fall, it will be breathtakingly
beautiful at that time of year.  Please let me know if you are interested,
as I would love to have a large turnout and would hate to make big plans
and only have a few people.  I would love to see the Moonshaddowe Guard in
their tabards and demonstrating their new shield wall.  I know little about
Melee, but feel that this could be a wonderful place to fight.  I also
would love to see beautifully garbed Lords and Ladies strolling the
grounds.  The musicians out in number providing wonderful music to set the
scene, it could be just the opportunity they need to get more musicians
involved.  OU and OSU's groups, Namron and Moonshaddowe, have been
wonderful training grounds for so many of our populace and I would love to
add NSU to their number.  Please let me know if this is something you think
you can do and any needs for it that you will have and what you will be
bringing and doing, so I can start making arrangements.

Susan the Curious
Hospitaller
Barony of Northkeep
Ansteorra