[Northkeep] heraldic clip art collection

Beth @ Stormreaver.net beth at stormreaver.net
Sun Apr 21 15:53:28 PDT 2002

In working on coming up with my own heraldic device, I found a clip art
collection of period artwork.  It's a self-extracting zip file that contains
over 300 pieces of GIF artwork, each properly labelled with it's heraldic
name (this name would need to be edited out before use as it's part of the
art).  All are in black and white.  I'm not entirely sure they are high
enough quality for paper publishing, but they look great for web publishing.
I've attached one so you can see the general style, size, and labelling.

The items are sorted by type, and include:
Inanimate objects (castles, weapons, tools, etc)
Beasts (tigers, wolves, bears, horses, foxes, etc)
Crosses (a large collection of Heraldic Crosses)
Eagles and other birds
Flowers and Heraldic floral representations
Human Heraldic Charges (heads, hands, arms, etc)
Lions, in various Heraldic positions
Lines of Partition used in Heraldry
Monsters (the various fictional Heraldic monsters)
Shields containing the various Heraldic Ordinaries
Full size blank Shields w/Mantling (these reduce nicely)
Crowns and Coronets
Misc. art not fitting other categories

They were created by   Don Phillips, of Clayton, NC, who appears to be in
the SCA.  The item is Shareware, and costs $10.00.

The zip file is just over 1.2 meg, and I'd be glad to forward it to anyone
who would like a copy.

in service,

zubeydah the wanderer

--