[Northkeep] More fun than you can handle. (Blatent ad.)

Hugh Niewoehner HNiewoehner at netscape.net
Fri Apr 26 07:54:28 PDT 2002

Heilsa,
Is your fun level running low?  Do you need a fresh injection?
Next weekend (May 3-5), just 2-2.5 easy hours drive east of here you'll find more than you can handle.

The Grimfellion's are once again hosting their excellent March Warden event which includes an interesting twist so it's not "just another tourney".
Below you'll find the URL for the event flyer and a brief description of the tourney.  The site fee's are very reasonable.   You'll get to talk, fight, eat, drink, whatever, with a kingdom full of new, old friends.

Life has dictated Ismet and I won't be able to go so I want to hear that someone from NK attended to collect our fun quota.

HL Damon
 Your friendly local Calon event promoter.

****  Flyer extract.  ****
http://www.grimfells.org/events/mwflyer.html
The Shire March of the Grimfells is sponsoring the March Warden Tournament,
a Swiss Five fighting and archery tourney using counted blows. Participants
in the tourney receive a number of counted blows based on the results of
archery shot before each round. The number of points shot in archery (bow,
crossbow, knife, axe, and javelin) adds to the contestant's base 2 blows.
Once the number of blows is determined, the participants fight a one-on-one
bout, one of five different weapons systems (sword & shield, two-weapon,
polearm, two-handed sword, and singlesword). The tourney prize is a heraldic banner of the winner's choice produced by the artisans of Grimfells. Pickup and melee fighting will commence after the tourney.