[Northkeep] scholarly question

Dennis England sirbalvin at worldnet.att.net
Sun Dec 1 08:22:01 PST 2002

Greetings All,

I hope this holiday season finds you all well and warm.  I have a question that someone out there may be able to help with or point me in the right direction for an answer.

What would be the correct address for a 10th century Welsh Abbot?  As a 10th century Icelander, I think some of my more coarse brethren may have addressed them something like this, "how does that ax feel?"  But that's not what I am looking for.  What I am looking for is how someone in their community and/or a peer may have addressed them.  Can anyone out there help?

Sincere thanks,
Sir Balvin