[Northkeep] Med Faire

brownjl at utulsa.edu brownjl at utulsa.edu
Sun Feb 17 01:00:26 PST 2002

Okay, I have to add my one cent worth.  Everyone needs to cool off just a bit.  Let me point out a few things, just for the record.  I was an athlete for over 12 years, and competed in a variety of sports.  Based on that experience, I can say that it is very difficult for someone participating in a highly aerobic sport to compete hard and fast, then sit for hours, only to get up and compete again.  However, we are not supermen and wonder women.

The thing is, I have fought.  At a practice, we typically armour up, fight for one hour, then take about a 30 to 45 minute break.  THis is typical at most practices.  As we get into the warmer weather, we will have to alter that behavior.  We fight in shorter time periods, but take about the same length breaks.  In April, heat won't be much of a concern, but the toll the fighting takes is something we DO need to take into consideration.