[Northkeep] Hey, Old Folks/Nordic Saga

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Tue Feb 26 16:37:39 PST 2002

In a message dated 2/26/02 2:18:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
marccarlson20 at hotmail.com writes:

> I may be mistaken, but I think that's part of the idea.
>
> Ok, simple question.
>
> Some of these are scanning so that a line here, a word there, is coming out
> very faint.  Now, correcting these digitally (or even in pen before I scan
> them, isn't a big deal - except that it is.  That's changing the historical
> record.  Anyone going to have any problem if I do this?
>
> M/D

       Personally I would rather have a record I can read than an
historically pure blur.   Are you scanning in black and white or grey scale?
You would think that B&W would be fine but I've found that if the source is
of poor quality that it is sometimes necessary to use greyscale to get a good
image.

Robert