[Northkeep] Books and Headgear question

Donna Hufford dhufford at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 20 21:01:49 PST 2002

I have been winding my way through costume/garb information and links on the
net and have seen a couple of books mentioned fairly often with mixed
reviews:
'Medieval Costume of France and England in the 13th, 14th and 15th Century'
by Mary G. Houston
and
'Medieval Costume and Fashion' by Herbert Norris
Has anyone seen or used these books and were they helpful?

Also, does anyone out there have a source for patterns, instructions, etc.
for the more elaborate "horned" type headgear of the mid-late 15th c.?

thanks

Siobhan